Director of Marketing (Coupang Live)
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
Coupang is investing in live commerce solutions to drive engagement with consumers, creators, vendors, and brands to ultimately grow product sales. As part of this investment Coupang is hiring a team dedicated to building and growing live commerce. This team is part of a rapidly growing and strategically important initiative to improve the experiences and lives of Coupang’s constituents by building the next generation of live commerce solutions.
What You Will Do
The director of marketing for Coupang Live will be responsible for building and running the Coupang Live marketing team. S/he will oversee various functions of marketing including content development, delivery and training, marketing operations, media planning and execution, creative development, B2B and B2C acquisition initiatives, PR, messaging and positioning, and more. S/he will partner closely with our creator development and vendor management teams to create a best-in-class live commerce offering on Coupang. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Build and grow the marketing team.
- Lead the marketing team to improve overall creator and vendor ecosystem on Coupang and increase live commerce creation, consumption and value.
- Continuously drive customer acquisition and development programs using digital media, grass roots, and influencer programs among others.
- Build strong business positioning, clear narratives, and drive influence across internal and external stakeholders to ensure we are communicating and delivering value to customers.
- Drive and enable creators and vendors to be successful on Coupang by working closely with creator development and vendor management teams, the brand team and other internal stakeholders.
- 10+ years of experience working in marketing, management, planning and/or business strategy
- Understanding of commerce and/or digital platform
- Experience in live streaming/video production, especially for mobile platforms
- People management experience
- Extensive experience working cross-functionally and with all levels of management
- Experience developing and communicating product and processes progress and actionable recommendations
Traits and Competencies:
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving and influencing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to thrive and succeed in ambiguity
- Ability to navigate complex business organizations, manage multiple cross-functional stakeholders and negotiate optimal solutions across all parties
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience working at a digital or media platform
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Korean and English
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.