Director of Video Operations (Coupang Live)
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
Coupang is building out its video commerce team. As a key leader in this rapidly growing business, this person will build a top performing team to ensure quality control of video content at scale, as well as other operational requirements (e.g., creator approval process, live stream scheduling, etc.).
He or she will be responsible for bringing operational rigor and process to scaled operational tasks of our video commerce efforts. In addition, this person will be responsible for developing creative policy, tracking adherence to the policy, and ensuring videos streamed and posted comply with the policy. To achieve the objective of creating a safe and compelling video environment this person will build a team of professionals that monitor, report, and improve video content quality to ensure it adheres to our guidelines. This person must be excellent at using a systematic approach to scale content quality control. The role also requires strong attention to detail and have command of creating and managing large teams that successfully execute against input and output metrics.
What You Will Do
1) Build and lead a content quality control operations team to ensure videos created comply with our creative policies and deliver ideal customer experiences.
- Build a high performing team of quality control professionals that will monitor and review video streams and execute against input metrics.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams focused on video creator development, legal, product ownership, and more.
- Drive, measure & analyze performance against key quality metrics.
- Provide strong mentoring and coaching to direct reports and operations team members
- Elevate skill sets and develop bench strength in the organization.
- Determine short and long-range video commerce operations plans across categories.
- Create and implement operations programs and tools that increase performance across the operations team.
2) Develop systems to enable scale of quality control efforts
- Identify system requirements that will improve performance of quality control team.
- Collaborate with internal teams including product owners, legal, and more to ensure system requirements are developed and delivered as needed to scale operations.
- Use data to inform system needs and prioritize system requirements.
3) Build and enable operational processes required to scale video commerce
- Identify and define processes required to scale the business.
- Collaborate with internal teams to define roles and responsibilities for operational processes.
- Define metrics to measure the efficacy of internal processes and lead teams to improve metrics that improve the business.
- Find ways to improve efficiency, consumer, and constituent experiences by using systems and scaled approaches.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a technical or analytical discipline
- Advanced business degree or MBA
- The ideal candidate is an experienced operations leader in the influencer, creator, and video marketplaces or partner or customer support operations with a reputation for hiring and developing the best talent. He or she will have a track record of success at delivering results, partnering cross functions, and representing quality control operations needs to the product organization. They will be an exceptionally strong analytical thinker who likely hails from a leading online firm or technology-enabled organization with experience in video.
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.