Director, Program Management (Product Engineering)
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
Coupang's Product Engineering team build and maintain consumer facing systems to Coupang end customers including Coupang core commerce and Coupang Eats. We build many excited features like Rocket WoW membership, Fresh shopping, Eats ecosystem with exciting tech stacks. Our vision is to build a trusted eCommerce platform by obsessing over reliable and effortless shopping experience, through a highly productive engineering team.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Our Director Program Management will drive Coupang’s strategic projects and initiatives across the company. You will own end-to-end initiatives: from diagnostic and strategy development to execution and accountability for quarterly goals. You will have high exposure to various tech and business leaders relevance to the focus project.
- Develop new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Create and manage long-term goals of the organization
- Ensure goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance
- Prioritize programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization
- Act as an internal accelerator across multiple organization to help implementation of new programs
- Work with internal stakeholders (tech, finance, legal, marketing teams) to drive scalable solutions and resolutions
- Identify systems needs and/or define process to improve efficiency and enable scalability
- Define metrics to measure the efficacy of internal resources and lead teams to improve metrics by making modification to current processes
- Use data to inform system needs and prioritize system requirements
What we are looking for!
- 10+ years of strategic or/and business development experience
- Experience in challenging problem solving, deep diving into an issue, identifying root-causes and suggesting realistic solutions
- Experience synthesizing information quickly, distilling key takeaways, and presenting insights to senior leadership
- Experience working with large sets of structured and unstructured data and synthesizing into business insights
- High standards and a bias toward action
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills, must be able to run meetings and work streams with senior leadership across the company
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in fast-paced and dynamic environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
- Leadership experience
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- BA / BS degree
- Bilingual Korean and English (working proficiency)