Director, Software Engineering (Coupang Eats)
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Coupang Eats is a new service by Coupang where we deliver quality food and beverages from restaurants and cafes to your door. We build the Customer app, Store app, Courier app, websites for Stores and operations center. We struggle to provide a fast and seamless delivery Customer experience for all three parties involved. As part of product engineering organization, we
- Owns end to end Eats service
- Build this ecosystem with exciting tech stacks.
- Cloud Native (AWS), MSA, Spring boot, WebFlux, Reactive JS, CSS3, HTML5, JPA, Elastic stack, Docker, Kafka, Redis, MySQL, Cassandra, native mobile development.
- Obsesses over site reliability to guarantee an effortless shopping experience
- Is truly global, with teams located at Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing and Bay area
Our vision is to build a trusted eCommerce platform by obsessing over reliable and effortless shopping experience, through a highly productive engineering team.
In this role, you will be:
- Developing Coupang Eats product strategy for building Coupang Eats business and product
- Engaging with senior leadership in building and executing Coupang Eats technology roadmap, product rollout, metrics and solving other business issues
- Prioritizing and planning the projects and features sponsored by senior leadership, stakeholders and strategically important tech investments
- Own Coupang Eats product to manage development team and work with PO to define requirements and priorities
- Responsible to manage dependencies with stakeholder systems
- Responsible for system metrics and improvements
- Responsible to hire and develop directs and key managers/engineers in the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 10+ years’ experience planning, designing, developing and delivering software
- 5+ years of people management experience, leading technical professionals including software developers, development managers, and/or technical program managers in a global company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences in English and Korean
- Experience from e-commerce, O2O industry
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in leading the delivery of large-scale services for complex business offerings
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Recruiter: Nana (email@example.com)