Head of Anti-corruption, Fraud and Compliance Operations
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes. Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai and Silicon Valley.
The Legal & Compliance department is responsible for the prevention, detection, and mitigation of compliance, regulatory and reputational risks across the company. In this role you will implement processes and procedures to prevent improper payments, kickbacks, or anything of value; maintain adequate internal controls and Implement processes and procedures to operationalize the company’s compliance program. We are looking for smart, creative and passionate builders who can work with us to fulfill our goals.
- Implement processes and procedures to prevent improper payments, kickbacks, or anything of value, including gifts, hospitality, or travel, to secure any improper business advantage from foreign official or commercial party.
- Maintain adequate internal controls, third party due diligence and accurate books & records.
- Implement processes and procedures to operationalize the company’s compliance program, including risk assessments, tracking training, and monitoring/response.
- Handle a number of compliance processes like an annual risk assessment and training.
- Coordinate with Human Resources, Employee Relations, Operations, and other stakeholders to build the company’s compliance processes.
- Forecast legal risks and make plans for preventing them.
- Qualified lawyer with previous In-house experience.
- At least 8-10 years of post-qualification legal experience.
- Exceptional ability to consistently deliver creative, thoughtful and business-oriented results that appropriately balance growth and risk in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work with ambiguous problems.
- A willingness to learn voraciously and take on new scope and challenges.
- Ability to adapt easily to rapid and diverse business changes.
- Strong communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating.
- Sound judgment in developing and implementing legal solutions.
- Experience in performing a similar role in the eCommerce or retail industries.
Recruitment Process and Others:
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located HERE.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.