Head of New Selection Acquisition Sales Team_Retail
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Coupang’s Retail organization, which oversees Rocket Delivery business, is at the heart of the company’s growth and source of customer trust.
Coupang’s retail business started off modestly in early 2014 with the Baby category. In less than five years, Coupang has become the most rapidly growing e-commerce business with the largest selection in Korea. Coupang Retail continues to expand business in consumer goods, home appliance, media, beauty, fashion, fresh foods and private labels. We provide guidance on key aspects of E-commerce business strategies including large-scale sales, inventories, marketing and merchandising based on advanced information technology. We continue to evolve based on our customer-oriented perspectives, data-based decision-making and innovating thinking. Our mission is to create a world where customers ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate individuals that can help improve our customers’ shopping experience.
The successful candidate will lead a sales team that is responsible for acquiring new selections onto Coupang’s Rocket Service (retail business) and successfully onboarding them onto Rocket through negotiation and supplier communication. The Director will be responsible for maximizing the success rate of acquisition by transforming the current BM team into an efficient salesforce. He/she will stand up a new function within the Retail organization, developing sales and acquisition strategies, providing resources and tools for negotiation to drive target sales. Strong understanding of sales development analytics and infrastructure is a must, as establishing the function will involve close collaboration with data and engineering to design models, tooling and workflows required to support demand.
Additionally, we are seeking a visionary leader who enjoys building from the ground up and leveraging their expertise and creativity to design what’s next. Ideal candidates will have experience building and managing scaled sales teams, recognizing patterns of success (and failure) quickly, and working cross-functionally. Success in this position requires a passion for leadership, strong analytical skills, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Create long term strategic vision for New Selection Acquisition sales team, and execute incremental plans to achieve it
- Work with the Selection Planning team on identifying target selection / suppliers and on constantly improving targeting
- Expand Retail product selection via successful negotiations with Retail suppliers
- Constantly improve item / supplier win rate and increase throughput of selection acquisition
- Achieve assigned targets, drive target sales and contribute to business growth
- Drive innovation, entrepreneurship, and “thinking big”
- Think outside of the box to solve complex problems and use trends and competitive analysis to define and implement long term business strategies
- Collaborate on new data models, tooling, automation, and infrastructure (i.e. leads management system)
- People leadership responsibilities including developing Team Leaders, building organizational structures, incentive plans, recruiting, training, development
- Build strong working relationships with leaders across Coupang teams (e.g. product, engineering, category leaders, marketing, business development, human resources, business planning/operations and finance)
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years experience in sales, sales management, and/or operations
- 5+ years team/people leadership experience including recruiting, training, and development
- Proven ability to negotiate with suppliers with a successful win-win outcome
- Demonstrated experience with analytical businesses, strong quantitative skills
- Proven experience organizing, influencing and communicating cross-functionally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to make successful presentations to senior leadership on a regular basis
- Bilingual in Korean and English
- Global experience (including work outside of Korea, or working with global companies)
- MBA or Master’s Degree
- Experience working with executive leadership in rapidly growing and evolving organizations
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience working with lead sourcing and management softwares (e.g. Salesforce)
Location : Seoul, Korea
- 전형 절차
- 서류전형 - 전화면접 - 대면면접– 최종 합격
- 전형 절차는직무별로 다르게 운영될 수 있으며, 일정 및 상황에 따라 변동될 수 있습니다.
- 전형 일정 및 결과는 지원서에 등록하신 이메일로 개별 안내 드립니다.
- 참고 사항
- 본 공고는 모집 완료 시조기 마감될 수 있습니다.
- 지원서 내용 중 허위사실이 있는 경우에는 합격이 취소될 수 있습니다.
- 보훈대상자 및 장애인 여부는 채용 과정에서 어떠한 불이익도 미치지 않습니다.
- 개인정보 처리방침
- 쿠팡 그룹은 입사지원자 개인정보 처리방침 (링크) 에 따라 귀하의 개인정보를 수집하여 처리합니다.
- 서류 반환 정책
- 본 고지는 『채용절차의 공정화에 관한 법률』 제11조 제6항에 따른 것입니다.
- 당사 채용에 응시한 구직자 중 최종합격이 되지 못한 구직자는 『채용절차의 공정화에 관한 법률』에 따라 제출한 채용서류의 반환을 청구할 수 있음을 알려 드립니다. 다만, 홈페이지 또는 전자우편으로 제출된 경우나 구직자가 당사의 요구 없이 자발적으로 제출한 경우에는 그러하지 아니하며, 천재지변이나 그 밖에 당사에게 책임 없는 사유로 채용서류가 멸실된 경우에는 반환한 것으로 봅니다.
- 위 2항 본문에 따라 채용서류 반환 청구를 하는 구직자는 채용서류 반환청구서[채용절차의 공정화에 관한 법률 시행규칙 별지 제3호 서식]를 작성하여 당사 이메일 (firstname.lastname@example.org) 로 제출하면, 제출이 확인된 날로부터 14일 이내에 지정한 주소지로 등기우편을 통하여 발송해 드립니다. 이 경우 등기우편요금은 수신자 부담으로 하게 되오니 유념하시기 바랍니다.
- 당사는 위 2항 본문에 따른 구직자의 반환 청구에 대비하여 채용 여부가 확정된 날로부터 180일 간 구직자가 제출한 채용서류 원본을 보관하게 되며, 그때까지 채용서류의 반환을 청구하지 아니할 경우에는 『개인정보 보호법』에 따라 지체 없이 채용서류 일체를 파기할 예정입니다.