Principal, Account Management (Global Selling)
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Problem Statement: Customers want to shop for products from around the world from their mobile phone or PC.
Goal: Provide Coupang customer with access to wide international selection that is competitively priced with fast consistent delivery
Mission: Focused on a) prioritizing set of global sellers to close gaps with key competitors (Naver, Alixpress, Gmarket). b) expanding to introduce new sellers to Korea.
Increase ability to cast a wider net for global selection in a faster scalable manner. Serves as an Input into selection identification for Retail/Jikgu to source.
What are the 4 things you need this person to do?
- Define and execute a seller recruitment strategy to grow the Global Seller base for non-China markets. Focused Primarily on US, Japan, EU, ANZ, and Vietnam
- Manage existing Key Accounts to help these sellers grow their selection and output results on Coupang
- Work with PM team to scope and prioritize technical and process capabilities to improve seller experience and ultimately improve customer experience through enabling sellers to better operate on Coupang
- Grow marketing investments of sellers on the Coupang platform via CMG, Goldbox, seasonal promotional events, etc.. Win-Win for driving seller traffic/sales as well as offers for customers.
Core responsibilities for this role include:
- Identify, qualify, market and cultivate Seller’s commitment to the Selling on Coupang.
- Analyze customer data and make recommendations to the Coupang Global Selling business. Execute successfully on the marketing plan recommended.
- Implement and track metrics for recording the success and quality of the sellers. Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity.
- Prospect business leads and market to and drive these leads to Coupang’s global marketplace to assist the Global Selling business in achieving its quarterly quota targets for both the quantity and quality of sellers recruited
- Understand and utilize Salesforce.com CRM tools to track all pertinent account information and status of prospective China as well as respond to business forecasts
- Develop a thorough understanding of the e-commerce industry and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive product offerings in Korea
- Prioritize and complete additional projects while continuing to market the Coupang Global Selling business to prospective new Sellers such as mentorship, competitive analysis and marketplace analysis.
- Prepare and deliver business reviews of the business regarding its progress in expanding the applicable marketing network and the overall state of health for the China global selling business
- Meet or exceed marketing targets and operational metrics
- Manage numerous opportunities concurrently and strategically.
- Create and articulate compelling value propositions around the Global Selling service to China Sellers.
- Engage with Sellers to understand their needs and gauge fit with the Coupang Services product set.
- Develop a clear understanding of the Selling on Coupang products along with the features and functionalities.
- Support internal partners in driving change, removing roadblocks and increasing participation by local Sellers with respect to the Coupang Global Selling business.
- 5+ years of successful sales and/or business development experience, preferably in the e-Commerce, retail technology or software industries
- Demonstrated success in exceeding marketing/business development/sales targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Experience in marketing and pitching nascent products/services to new markets and customers
- Highly analytical with the ability to manipulate and analyze data
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and deal with ambiguity
- Relationship management and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Experience in Global e-commerce and/or Electronics, Beauty, Fashion, Home Goods industry
- Proven ability to influence others
- Ability to work with legal, product and internal business owners to reach mutually beneficial agreements
- Experience using analytical, marketing, and productivity tools including Business Intelligence, Tableau
- Salesforce or other CRM tools, Microsoft OneNote and Microsoft SharePoint
- Success managing large account portfolios
- Track record of successfully scaling business campaign
- SQL skills desirable
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located HERE.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.