Principal, Brand Management - 가전제품 (Global Sourcing)
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
카테고리: Home Appliance (가전제품)
Coupang is seeking a dynamic and motivated Principal, Brand Management (Home Appliance) for the Coupang Global Sourcing business. You must be entrepreneurial by nature with demonstratable strength in business development. As our Principal, Brand Management, you will be responsible for identifying and targeting brands for products to pursue and ultimately negotiate with the goal to get contractual agreements in place for Coupang Global Sourcing team to direct import into our rocket network. You will need to be able to identify and build relationships with key influencers and decision-makers within the senior management of potential brand/supplier organizations.
In addition to executing these business plans, you will work across a matrix organization internally with cross-functional teams. The primary goal of this role is to help Coupang expand relevant selection that our customers want and drives increased loyalty.
- Building a list of international brand/supplier targets through internal data and market trends/dynamics
- Creating 3-12 month planning of their business targets that is quantifiable (GMV) with confidence level categorizations
- Understanding various P&L levers used in a negotiation to achieve both profitability goals and minimization of risk for Coupang
- Consulting with internal stakeholders when necessary such as finance, legal, marketing, etc. You are capable to earn trust and build strong working relationships with these teams
- Ensuring business goals and plans are in line with “Wowing the Customer.” Never sacrifices customer experience for short-term goal
- Over 6 years related work experiences
- Ability to drive business conversation in both English & Korean
- Understanding of import business flow as well as international vendor identification/negotiation
- Proficiency with Excel and extracting data through reporting tools in order to drive and influence business decisions
- Ability to prioritize work and to find a way in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree majored in business, supply chain, finance, analytical or related majors (mathematics, statistics, economics, marketing)
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located HERE.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.