Principal Data Engineer-SCM
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world..
As our____Principal Data Engineer_____ for ____SCM Team___, you will be responsible for operational reporting and insights to make our consumer experience world-class.
- Develop and implement data input / output monitoring approach that can apply to our time-sensitive, big data environment
- The system needs to provide RCA and issue reason track link to help us find the issue data and fix it ASAP.
- Develop self-service tools that serve for internal and external user
- Responsible for local or cloud infra change and setup some CI or other tools that depend on Coupang new requirements
- Provide data modeling expertise to optimize data retention and availability at scale
- Up-level team’s best practices for dealing with large scale data
- Introduce apache edge tech to enrich our monitor arch.
- 5+ years of experience in monitor system developing like data quality monitor or system monitor
- Strong fundamentals in Python Java, Linux, OO design, data structures, algorithm, problem-solving and complexity analysis
- Experience in data profiling tools and service monitor systems, like Griffin, Prometheus or Grafana and so on.
- Experience in data monitor and other data quality system
- familiar with container tech and big data cycle tech, like Docker, spark, Flink
- Passionate about learning new technology，especially Apache Edge tech for monitor system.
- Good logical ability, have a certain sensitivity to data
- Nice to have knowledge about cloud, like AWS or Azure