Principal Data Engineer
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic and technology-proficient Big Data engineer, who is eager to participate in design and implementation of a large-scale, highly efficient data platform, batch and real-time pipelines and tools. You will work closely with a team of data scientists, business analysts and engineers to ensure we build effective market intelligence solutions.
- Drive design and implementation of durable & efficient software solutions that handles massive amount of structured and unstructured data
- Develop and scale data infrastructure that powers batch and real-time data processing
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships with Data Scientists, Analysts, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver on those needs
- Research, analyze and select technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems
- Coach and mentor other engineers in process and methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, engineering, or related fields
- 8+ years software development experience
- 3+ years working experience with big data ecosystem(Spark, Hive, HBase, etc.), solid experience with ETL or Data Warehouse
- Prior experience working with structured and unstructured data and Cloud technologies like AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Good at one or more of program languages (JAVA, Scala, Python, etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to think outside-the-box and challenge conventional wisdoms
- Experience in eCommerce or payment related field
- Experience in development of Petabyte-Scale NoSQL database and Messaging Platform
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.