Principal Economist (Coupang Ads)
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As Principal Economist for the Coupang Media Group, you will be responsible for overall ad marketplace health and design for our advertising business.
- Work with Product Managers, Business Owners, Engineering and other teams on product yield opportunities and assess potential impact.
- Own the development of economic models and manage the data analysis, modeling, and experimentation necessary to validate.
- Participate in product execution on an iterative basis for implementation and verification of the impact of the model
- Understand impact of product offerings on adserver behavior and how advertiser behavior impacts the ads marketplace
- Determine best approaches for marketplace design weighing advertiser impact, customer experience, and monetization.
- PhD in Economics or highly related field (Marketing, Finance)
- 10+ years of experience in industry, consulting, government, or academic research
- Experience in applied economic analysis and with big data and machine learning or data science
- Deep understanding of digital advertising in an ecommerce environment
- Strong research track record and demonstrated ability to drive results
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Exhibits business judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.