Principal Engineer, Big Data [SCM]
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Who Are We?
Supply Chain Automationis responsible for predicting what customers want to buy and automating the inventory ordering process. We create a daily demand forecast system for all Coupang’s Retail SKUs, every day. We work with internal stakeholders to solve challenging Supply Chain problems at scale. Our systems ensure Coupang’s customers are delighted with consistently available products. Automation supports scale and efficiency of our Supply Chain processes.
How Do We Do It?
We use Big Datasolutions to generate our daily forecast and buying decisions. Our systems are built on Hadoop and Spark, with forecasting models implemented in R and Python (using SciPy, NumPy) and other infrastructure in Java and Scala. Our Automated Buying systems combine machine learning with human oversight. Software Engineers work with a cross-functional team of Data Scientists, Analysts and Product Owners to build world-class systems that keep our Supply Chain running smoothly.
- Work with an Agile cross-functional team of Data Scientists, Analysts and Product Owners to deliver world class forecasting solutions
- Build and maintain our Big Data infrastructure to scale and support new use cases
- Lead design and code review sessions
- Own system performance and reliability metrics through scaling and infrastructure improvement
- Mentor junior engineers and provide career development advice
- 8 years+ hands on experience in Software Architecture and Development;
- Bachelor/Master in Computer Science or Engineering
- Expertise in Python or Java
- Hands on experience with big data ecosystem (Spark, Hive, HBase, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie)
- Experience with both Relational DBs and NoSQL
- Self-motivated, passion to learn new technologies and business
- Working experience with Python ML libraries (SciKit, Pandas)
- Working experience with R, Scala