Principal Instock Manager (Global Consumer Direct)
Principal, Instock Management
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
About the role:
Coupang is looking for an experienced Supply Chain and Instock leader. The Principal, Instock Manager will be responsible for developing and executing best practices in managing inventory, supply chain, and operations to maximize customer experience, sales, instock rates and inventory turns. They will use data to influence others and build scalable systems & processes, rather than just addressing single issues. They will be responsible for vendor operational improvement (efficiency, fill rates, lead times), improving purchasing automation, systematic forecasting, efficiency improvements within the fulfillment centers, and interfacing with software development teams to drive projects that improve customer experience & operations.
- Manage and lead improvement in inventory availability, increasing inventory productivity and ensuring that the company makes efficient supply chain decisions that scale over time.
- Ownership of building a highly automated replenishment system, involving key stakeholders in the process (e.g.; forecasting, lead times, buying policies).
- Develop and manage inventory forecasts by working with Buyers & Vendors to plan product launches, peak season, and industry shifts.
- Manage the relationship with key vendors that drive the business and optimize the end to end processes
- Manage inventory health by setting and executing exit strategies for unproductive inventory.
- Perform root-cause analysis/reporting on operational issues, and then manage the solution to those issues.
- Own & drive the roadmap for Instock management metrics
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate should have previous experience in supply chain/operations/inventory management as well as a background in retail or e-commerce. They must be able to work in a fast-scaling but collegial environment where teamwork is a must. The right candidate will be flexible, action & results oriented, and self-starting. They must also be decisive and able to move with speed to implement their own ideas.
- 5+ years of experience in buying, product management, vendor management, retail, e-commerce
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills. Ability to work with large, complex data sets and familiarity with statistics or other analytical techniques.
- Professional experience in negotiating with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency with Excel and extracting data through varied reporting tools in order to drive and influence business decisions
- Ability to understand multiple retail business models and their technical implementation.
- Ability to prioritize work in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with ambiguous problems.
- Bachelor's degree majored in supply chain, finance, technical, business, analytical or related majors. (mathematics, computer science/engineering, engineering, statistics, economics etc.) preferred
Bonus points for:
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree
- International experience leading cross-functional projects
- SQL or other data-building experience a plus
- Bilingual in Korean