Principal Program Manager (Global Biz Dev)
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Coupang Global team is seeking a dynamic and motivated Principal Program Manager for the Coupang Global business. In this role, you'll work in a fast moving and ambiguous environment, and will be responsible for helping us define, plan, and execute the strategy for a new business within the Global Consumer Direct team. The primary goal of this role is to help Coupang expand relevant global presence of the right brands and selection to our customers in Korea. You will gather data for making critical business decisions, partner with multiple stakeholders and leaders across the organization, and build scalable strategies that take into account both business and customer needs. This person must be a self-starter, able to work autonomously and be entrepreneurial by nature.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the market.
- Work with a sense of urgency to drive and deliver sales goals while maintaining a high quality of work
- Strong financial acumen. Understands different line items on a P&L and their interconnectivity.
- Create 3 to 36-month business launch and execution plan with targets and cross functional dependency alignment. Creates different scenario decision paths to adjust direction based on real-world realization on actual outputs vs. planned.
- As a strong leader, great communicator and negotiator, the ideal candidate will have good business judgment and analytical horsepower to break down complex problems and the willingness to roll up sleeves.
- Works with internal stakeholders (finance, legal, marketing teams) to drive scalable solutions and resolutions. Can earn trust and build strong working relationships with these teams
- Able to balance strategy with strong operational skills - able to understand, deconstruct, streamline, and optimize complex, large-scale business processes.
- Obsesses over Customer Experience. Starts with customer focused objectives and works backwards. Anticipates customer expectations, changing customer shopping behaviors, and gaps in our customer experience. Always ensures business goals and plans are in line with “Wowing the Customer.” Never sacrifices customer experience for short-term goal.
- 10+ yrs of relevant work experience in program, project, or product management.
- Experience in taking business initiative from ideation stage through planning into launch and then scaling sustainably.
- Proven leader with a successful, resourceful and hands-on track record of running a complex project end-to-end combined with strong P&L experience
- Strong retail, ecommerce, or product background with proven ability to drive change
- Proven analytical skills and ability to influence people both internally and externally
- Decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- A passionate self-starter, ready to take Coupang’s customer experience to the next level
- Ability to prioritize work and to find a way in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Experience working in eCommerce industry
- Technology affinity and track record of employing systems to drive simplification and change
- Experience working in a business functional role such as vendor manager or instock management for an eCommerce company would be a plus.
- Demonstrated strong negotiations skills with brands/suppliers/external partners.
- Bachelor's degree majored in business, supply chain, finance, engineering, analytical or related majors (mathematics, statistics, economics, marketing etc.).
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.