Principal Software Engineer (Search)
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As a Principal Software Engineer working on development of core ranking algorithms and ranking signals to optimize the quality of search results. You have opportunity to work on full search retrieval and ranking technical stack, including query understanding, Machine Learning search ranking, big data analytics for data collection, modeling and optimization. All those have to be done in a scalable way to support online traffic at a large scale.
- Solve critical business problem by diving deep into Search Ranking, Query Understanding and Product Selection
- Build state of art Search Ranking Framework to support fast search ranking experiment
- Big Data Analytics supporting data collection, modeling, and optimization
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 6+ years of solid work with fundamental algorithms, system design, and large distributed systems
- 6+ years of coding experience with Object Oriented language, Java, Scala
- 2+ years of practical expertise in various disciplines of information retrieval, machine learning and natural language processing, such as text mining, classification, information extraction, feature engineering, ranking and search relevance
- Love to explore new territory of technology and go deep on domain knowledge
- Ability to think outside-the-box and challenge conventional wisdoms
- Experience with handling large data volumes in a distributed environment
- A passion to explore, improve, automate and optimize distributed systems and tools.
- Master's Degree or PhD in Computer Science or related Engineering majors
- Bonus points for experience at ecommerce or SaaS companies
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 15 days PTO + 15 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Catered Lunch
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.