Principal Software Engineer
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As a Software Development Engineer working on Storage Platform, you will use software engineering skills to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. Build software components to ensure that our systems and services have sufficient reliability and uptime in accordance to the business needs. You have the opportunity to build some of the largest database/storage systems and platform components to support data access traffic with thousands to millions of QPS (queries per second). You will also be expected to improve system reliability and availability by implementing software and processes to prevent failures.
- Design, develop and implement software that improves the stability, scalability, availability, and latency of the storage platform (NoSQL and RDBMS);
- Automate operations and responses to non-exceptional service conditions;
- Build effective monitoring systems to keep track of the health of our systems, and alert us to take actions before incident situations;
- Build and run capacity tests to manage the growth of our systems;
- Adopt appropriate open-source tools to quickly build minimum working solutions;
- Develop tools to improve efficiency and quality of system maintenance and operations;
- Solve problems occurring with our production systems, and build solutions and automation to prevent them from reoccurring.
- Proficient in at least one programming language. Java, Python, or Go is a plus;
- Solid understanding of Software Engineering and Computer Science principles;
- Solid foundation in Linux and networking troubleshooting;
- Experience with building, operating, and scaling complex or distributed systems;
- Proven experience with automation. Knowledge of configuration management tools is a plus;
- Strong knowledge of Cloud computing operations in AWS, Azure, or GCP is a plus.
- Docker and Kubernetes experience is a plus.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.