[Product Engineering Eats]Principal Data Scientist
Principal Data Scientist
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask, “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Coupang Eats is a new service by Coupang where we deliver quality food and beverages from restaurants and cafes to your door. We build the Customer app, Store app, Courier app, websites for Stores and operations center. We struggle to provide a fast and seamless delivery Customer experience for all three parties involved. As part of product engineering organization, we
- Owns end to end Eats service
- Build this ecosystem with exciting tech stacks.
- Cloud Native (AWS), MSA, Spring boot, WebFlux, Reactive JS, Vue JS, CSS3, HTML5, JPA, Elastic stack, Docker, Kafka, Redis, MySQL, Cassandra, native mobile development.
- Obsesses over site reliability to guarantee an effortless shopping experience
- Is truly global, with teams located at Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing and Bay area
- Our vision is to build a trusted eCommerce platform by obsessing over reliable and effortless shopping experience, through a highly productive engineering team.
- Masters or PhDs in Statistics, Operations Research, CS or a quantitative discipline.
- 3+ years of work experience in application of machine learning/deep learning techniques to solve practical business problems. 5+ years of professional experience in such areas is preferred.
- Programming experience using Python/R to manipulate data, develop algorithms/models, and draw insights from large data sets.
- Proficiency with
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn new techniques and meet deadlines in a fast-moving environment.
- Good communication skills in English, written and verbal; ability to present data and its implications in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge and experience with distributed data computing tools, such as Hive, Spark
- Knowledge and experience with Java
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, PowerBI, etc