Head of Engineering, Pricing Systems
Coupang is one of the fastest growing consumer internet platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which our customers ask, ‘How did I ever live without Coupang?’ Powered by innovative technology and operations, we have set out to transform the customer experience journey – from revolutionizing last mile delivery to rethinking how customers search and discover on a truly mobile platform. We have been named one of the ‘50 Smartest Companies in the World’ by MIT Technology Review and we are one of Forbes magazine’s ‘30 Global Game Changers’.
About the team:
E-commerce success boils down to three major factors: Selection, Convenience, and Pricing. For pricing, our mission is to build trust with the customer by offering market competitive price for both 1st party retail products as well as 3rd party marketplace listings. The pricing systems team is at the heart of helping to achieve this mission at scale. This team is responsible for:
- external data collection (crawling) across open marketplace, social commerce sites, as well as comparison shopping platforms.
- advance data science and modeling capabilities that can automatically map, reference, and group products based on different pricing policies.
- Implementing flexible rules and policies supporting millions of pricing workflows on a daily basis.
This role will lead the entire pricing engineering team across multiple locations. The person will be working closely with the pricing product team to define and implement the quarterly pricing OKRs at both the system and team levels. He or she would be responsible for hiring and developing team resources to achieve Coupang’s pricing mission and ensuring overall engineering excellence. In addition, this leader will also communicate with the executive leadership regarding changes to pricing strategies and engineering directions. The leader will also need to partner closely with internal stakeholders across engineering, business, and finance related functions.
What you will bring:
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering managing multiple teams and across distributed locations.
- 5+ years in eCommerce domain specifically related to pricing technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to grow and scale both transactional and analytics driven system using SQL and noSQL storage technologies
- Deep knowledge in data engineering implementing production ready ML models and inference engines.
- Knowledge of rules-engine based implementations supporting flexible workflows