Recruiting Coordinators & Operations Manager
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
Coupang’s recruiting teams play a critical role in driving our phenomenal growth by identifying and hiring top talent. As a Manager for our U.S. Recruiting Coordinators and Recruiting Operations, you will provide day-to-day management for the US Recruiting Coordinators and drive continuous process improvement across our efforts to ensure Coupang’s U.S. Recruiting team operates in fast, effective, and engaging ways with Hiring Clients and Applicants. You will live in the details with the team, understanding workloads, and helping manage backlogs and spikes, and work with Recruiting operations teams to help tell the story through data and reporting solutions. You will also function as an ambassador, championing Coupang’s leadership principles and corporate culture.
What You Will Do
- Lead a team of Recruiting Coordinators responsible for supporting US Recruiters and Hiring Managers through recruiting processes which include scheduling interviews, organizing candidate travel arrangements, arranging video teleconferencing sessions, working with internal administrative assistants, and helping candidates navigate virtual “onsite” interviews.
- Identify operational gaps, help improve existing, and/or develop new practices to enable the Recruiting Coordinating team and function to scale.
- Manage workload and assignments within the Recruiting Coordinator team to ensure the U.S. Recruiting team has adequate and regular support.
- Develop light but effective reporting and tracking tools to monitor recruiting activities and outcomes, and help recruiting leaders respond with appropriate adjustments in a timely manner.
- Ensure consistent use of recruiting tools and practices within the RC team, and propose team/function-wide improvements as needed.
- Serve as point-of-contact for Recruiting leaders to engage with regarding technical and procedural questions and/or challenges related to the U.S. recruiting process.
- Act as the recruiting process subject matter expert to ensure best practices and effective methods are in place for all administrative tasks related to the recruiting process.
- Hire, onboard and train new Recruiting Coordinators, as needed.
- 8+ years of Recruiting or Recruiting Operations experience
- 3+ years of people-management experience
- Strong understanding of Recruiting fundamentals and processes
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently, professionally, efficiently, and follow-through on initiatives on schedule
- Demonstrated Project Management skills; ability to organize and implement new projects, support employees, and assist the team
- Ability to solve problems through creative thinking and partnerships with other teams
- Ability to achieve challenging targets through goal-setting and personal drive
- Ability to drive consensus between stakeholders through skilled communication
- Prior experience working as a Recruiting Coordinator.
- General understanding of business operations across key areas such as finance/legal/HR/logistics/e-commerce/tech
- Experience of working or hiring within a start-up environment
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, or affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.