Senior Business Analyst (Growth Analytics)
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
As Senior Business Analyst for Growth Analytics team, you will be responsible for operational reporting and insights to make our consumer experience world-class.
Growth Analytics team has a mission to power the growth of Coupang through data-driven insights. We are a team of creative problem solvers with a passion to deliver innovative business solutions. The team leverages big data to empower business decisions and deliver insights, metrics and tools in order to drive customer engagement, retention and business growth. As the growth engine within one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet, Coupang’s growth analytics team offers countless ways for an ambitious data scientist to make an impact.
- Work with a team of high-performing analytics, data science professionals, and cross-functional teams to identify business opportunities, optimize product performance or marketing efforts.
- Analyze large-scale structured and unstructured data; develop deep-dive analyses and machine learning models to drive customer engagement and retention.
- Design and develop core business metrics, create insightful automated dashboards and data visualization to track them and extract useful business insights.
- Design and analyze experiments to test new product ideas or marketing strategies. Convert the results into actionable recommendations.
- Craft compelling stories; make logical recommendations; drive informed actions.
- Communicate findings to senior leaders and evangelize data-driven business decisions
Qualifications: (Drafter: Refer to below for the format of the sentences.)
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field - Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related fields;
- 3-5 years of work experience involving quantitative data analysis.
- Database experience with advanced SQL or SQL-like skills (Hadoop-Hive); experience researching and manipulating complex and large data sets;
- Working knowledge of data and statistical analysis (e.g. Cohort analysis, Campaign Analysis, A/B tests)
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau
- Ability to communicate information effectively to a variety of groups at different levels.
- Willingness to dig-in and understand the data and to leverage creative thinking and problem-solving skills are absolute musts.
- Self-starter who takes the initiative to get things done.
- Outstanding team player with a customer-back mindset
Preferred: (Drafter: Refer to below for the format of the sentences.)
- Masters or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, operations research, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc.
- Experience with manipulating massive-scale clickstream data.
- Experience with text mining.
- Experience with Hadoop or other MapReduce paradigms, and associated languages such as Pig, Hive, etc.
- Working knowledge of Unix and Unix-like systems and git.
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.