Senior Manager, Data Engineering (EDW Pipelines)
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our vision is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley
Coupang’s EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) is built on top of the cloud service AWS (Amazon Web Services.) Data storages used by EDW include S3, Redshift, which is an MPP database provided by AWS, and EMR based in Hadoop environment. We use Airflow for the overall task scheduling, and Tableau, Cognos and other visualization tools to serve data to hundreds of users.
As Data Engineering manager, you will lead and manage team member's performance, skill improvement and evaluate team member.
As a manager of the team, you must be able to delegate effectively, manage project timelines, and influence your team to build world class applications.
- Provide technical leadership to the team members
- Data quality, data governance management / improvement
- Code / Tables design review
- Design the roadmap of next generation DW framework - databases, BI, Report, Data support
- Consideration of data processing performance - database tunning, hadoop, spark or any other big data technologies
- 5+ years of people managing experience
- 10+ years of experience developing data warehouse / mart and related techniques
- Experience in leading data warehouse or Business Intelligence projects / teams
- Data Pipelines / ETL development, datastage, SSIS, Airflow and any other open source ETL tools experience
- Experience in data modelling to meet large scale requirements
- Strong data processing experience (ETL, parallel processing / programming) or reporting development (BI, Tableau, Power BI)
- Good to have: Development tool experience other than SQL / Database. For example, Java, Python, C# etc.
- Agile development process experience
- Manager experience in terms of engineering techniques and human resources
- Communicate between long distance offices
- Experience in development of NoSQL database and Messaging Platform
- Experience in the field of retail business e.g. logistics or deliver
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview - Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and maybe changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located HERE.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.