Senior Program Manager, Operations (Catalog Quality and Inventory)
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
About the role:
The team is looking for an experienced Senior Program Manager to develop scalable solutions to improve Operations across multiple key functions including; 1) End-to-End Catalog Quality, 2) Product Lifecycle, and 3) Assortment Management. This individual will be responsible for developing and driving programs and associated projects end-to-end. This individual will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team of various stakeholders including; software solution teams, back-end engineers, vendor managers, in-stock managers, FC managers, and various business leaders. This role is a direct people manager of direct and contract employees. This role requires an individual with excellent attention to detail, analytical capabilities, strong business acumen. Additionally, this candidate will be self-starter, comfortable operating in ambiguous environments, and will own working with multiple data sets from various sources. The candidate will have a successful track record of collaborative relationship building, program and project management, experiencing leading projects and teams, and reporting and analysis capabilities.
- Owns Item Metadata (including product classifications and attributions and uses data analysis and statistical techniques to proactively identify, fix, and prevent data quality issues within the catalog. Deploys implementation across full catalog
- Owns defining data behind Product Lifecycle Management (customer consumption & expiration management)
- Develops scalable and automated catalog maintenance tools with back-end engineers ensuring alignment of initiatives between key stakeholders
- Develops SOP for manual management of catalog and item maintenance where automation is not possible
- Owns data integrity of item changes impact onsite CX, and collaborates with various teams to and maintain
- Creates scalable and automated solutions for end-to-end new item registration with back-end tech and various internal teams. Develops SOP for manual management where automation is not possible
- Operates with considerable autonomy and directly manages Operations Manager, contract associates, and regularly evaluates resource allocation for operations programs
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate should have previous experience in program management, merchandising, or business operations as well as a background in retail or e-commerce. They must be able to work in a fast scaling but collegial environment where teamwork is a must. The right candidate will be flexible, action & results oriented, and self-starting. They must also be decisive and able to move with speed to implement their own ideas.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in program management, merchandising, or business operations
- Business experience project / program management, P&L management, operations, or customer service preferably with eCommerce experience
- Highly organized and problem solver - ability to work with large, complex data sets and familiarity with statistics or other analytical techniques.
- Proficiency with Excel and extracting data through varied reporting tools to drive and influence business decisions
- Ability to understand multiple retail business models and their technical implementation.
- Ability to prioritize work in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with ambiguous problems
Bonus points for:
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree
- Bilingual in Korean
- International experience leading cross-functional projects
- SQL or another data-building experience a plus
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.