Sr. Manager, Global Compensation Project
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door. Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year. We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Coupang is seeking for an ambitious, enthusiastic Compensation Partner to work in the Global Compensation team to design an innovative, competitive and data driven compensation program of the company. The ideal candidate will be passionate about driving positive change across the function and be willing to learn voraciously, dive deep into the details, identify efficiencies, and deliver results with grits. This position will play a critical role in ensuring the success and driving continuous improvement across the function through developing and fostering strong relationships along with an in-depth understanding of the business groups you support. You must have the ability to work on multiple tasks, handle sensitive information, make sound business decisions, influence business leaders, manage details, and deliver results on a company-wide perspective.
- Partner with senior leaders and HR business partners to drive and ensure the success of the company's compensation programs.
- Act as a business partner, problem solver, and play a governance role in the creation, negotiation and review of compensation programs and business rules.
- Provide ongoing support for staffing talents to appropriately align pay with the company’s compensation philosophy and principles.
- Diagnose gaps between current and desired state.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and planning to continuously improve our compensation programs and processes.
- Use strong communication & analytical skills to drive understanding of compensation philosophies, practices and administration among leaders and managers and assist in cascading to all levels of the organization.
- Manages project plan and provides expertise to compensation and cross-functional HR projects
- Assist with design and administration of various compensation programs (performance, bonus/incentive scheme, recognition, equity, etc.)
- Develop, implement and lead compensation communication and training programs for managers and HR.
- Lead the development and management of compensation analytics and employee feedback studies
- Support the development and roll-out of compensation tools and HR systems
- Ensure compensation programs are scalable, compliant and are effectively deployed to the organization
- Takes a proactive approach to identification and execution of industry best practices and trends
- Commit to getting the job done no matter what issues arise.
- Experience designing compensation structures / incentive programs
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis and delivery of data to leaders looking to make data driven decisions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to summarize difficult issues concisely as well as critically evaluate impact and significance
- Understanding on Korean labor market and labor laws
- Good command of English and Korean
- Advanced user of Excel, Powerpoint, and other reporting tools
- Expertise in job analysis and job evaluation principles, methods, procedures (Preferred)
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.