Senior manager, Instock Management (Global Sourcing)
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
- Problem Statement: Customers want to shop for products from around the world
- Goal: We are seeking a leader who is capable of setting optimal inventory levels based on customer demand and building a strong and sustainable supply chain with partners. The ideal candidate will be a leader that is willing to take up challenges, forward-looking, eager to learn, refuses to rely on his/her experience and knowledge and willing to bring the team to a more sophisticated level. S/he will be expected to communicate and negotiate with various business stakeholders to achieve goals persistently and come up with creative and extendable solutions in addition to analyzing root causes of issues.
- Mission: Maintain 100% availability of GS products across varied categories, Analyze cause of OOS and establish/execute solutions and sustainable process, Build coordinated collaboration process with key partners, Acutely forecast market dynamics and devise preemptive response measures for customers detailed objectives and key success metrics to the team and demonstrate leadership to encourage the team and drive steady growth.
What You Will Do
- Work with global ecommerce SCM team for making efficient stock building process
- Work with international vendors for preventing OOS
- Manage trade documentation
- Build and develop ROQ logic and maintain Instock rate over than 99%
- Build and develop ROQ logic for global sourcing, Keep the Instock KPI
- Manage international vendors for handling international transaction, Handling purchase order, Set-up an efficient stock building plan
- Determine the order quantities by taking into account forecasts, seasonality, marketing schedule and inventory targets with optimal shipping plan, Analyze root cause of various issues and potential risk in advance and resolve them through daily communication with suppliers, Maintain 100% availability of key products by tracking inbound schedule and rigorously managing inventory status on the SKU level
- Improve visibility on instock metrics such as fill rates and lead time to enable prioritization and meet aggressive targets, Act as key point of contact between the SCM/Compliance team and suppliers to work on labels and comply with regulations
- Manage shipping docs such as commercial invoice and keep tracking payment schedule for each supplier, Automate operational processes, set up SOP and standardize templates to drive efficiency
- The ideal candidate will possess a range of skill set such as leadership development, analytical skills, strong negotiations skills, self-motivation, deep curiosity about how things work.
- +8 years of related experience
- Experience as SCM expert or Account managing in global CE production / or retail company., Strong retail, eCommerce or product background with proven ability to drive change, Proven analytical skills and ability to influence people both internally and externally
- Decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas, A passionate self-starter, ready to take Coupang’s customer experience to the next level, Ability to prioritize work and to find a way in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Preferred background in business management, engineering, SCM
- Business experience in SCM management, inventory management, sales, finance, procurement, operation or international trading
- Fluent English & Korean Both
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located HERE.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.