Staff Data Analyst-Supply Chain Management Autonomation
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Who We Are?
Supply Chain Automation is responsible for predicting what customers want to buy and automating the inventory ordering process. We create a daily demand forecast for all Coupang’s Retail SKUs, every day. We work with internal stakeholders to solve challenging Supply Chain problems at scale. Our systems ensure Coupang’s customers are delighted with consistently available products. Automation supports scale and efficiency of our Supply Chain processes.
What Do We Do?
We use Big Data processes to generate our daily forecast and buying decisions. We work to automate manual decision making in Supply Chain to improve our customer experience and reduce waste. Our Automated Buying systems combine machine learning with human oversight.
- Analyze business use cases from internal stakeholders and work with Data Scientists / Engineers to evaluate potential solutions.
- Develop performance and accuracy KPIs based on accepted standards (Inventory healthy, instock rate, etc)
- Provide business and statistical analysis in the form of documents and presentations to solve business problems and drive alignment on key projects
- Provide root cause analysis affecting key business problems
- Help identify key areas of improvement and opportunities for growth
- Actively communicate with a wide variety of people and support solution implementation
- Document what you learn and observe, and the results of the analyses. Suggest the best ways to present and document analysis
- Work with an Agile cross-functional team of Data Scientists, Product Owners and Engineers to build world-class systems
- 3-5 years relevant experience in e-Commerce, Retail or Supply Chain industry
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical or business field (Mathematics, CS, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, etc)
- Master’s or Ph.D. a plus
- Experience with Exploratory Data Analysis or Statistics a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group - executives, managers etc.
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Expertise in SQL and Excel
- Working experience with R (or other statistical packages) a plus
- Privacy Notice
Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.