Staff, Privacy and Data Governance
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Coupang is seeking an experienced privacy professional to provide coverage for its U.S business and operations. This role will be responsible for maintaining oversight of privacy risk, providing timely and practical privacy guidance to business stakeholders, supporting the development and operation of Coupang’s privacy program, and contributing to international projects and initiatives.
This role requires a proactive and experienced privacy professional who can manage workload independently and engage directly with a broad range of stakeholders. The successful candidate must take ownership of issues and risks and independently and effectively drive projects and initiatives to completion. Other qualities required for this role include exceptional analytical abilities, excellent stakeholder management, a practical approach to problem solving and risk management, and a strong desire to enable business objectives while simultaneously managing privacy risks.
This role will report directly to Coupang’s Chief Privacy Officer.
What you will do
- Maintain oversight of privacy risks and issues arising in Coupang’s U.S. business and operations.
- Partner closely with business and operations stakeholders to ensure that privacy requirements are proactively addressed during the design and development of new services, systems, and initiatives and in any M&A activity.
- Support the maturation of Coupang’s enterprise privacy program by contributing to the development of policies, processes, standards, and controls.
- Collaborate with other members of the Privacy and Data Governance Team to ensure consistent execution of privacy strategy across the enterprise.
- Monitor and report on developments in U.S. privacy laws and regulations, industry best practices and standards, and emerging issues and risks.
- Support Coupang’s response to, and resolution of, regulatory inquiries, privacy incidents, customer privacy inquiries/complaints, and data subject access requests.
- Contribute to monitoring and reporting routines including submission of weekly business reports and of KRIs/KPIs.
- Help to foster a “culture of privacy” at Coupang, a collective understanding across the enterprise that privacy rights must be respected and that all staff bear responsibility for ensuring such protection.
- 8+ years of experience managing privacy risks and compliance in the technology industry.
- Strong knowledge of U.S privacy and data protection laws with experience in international privacy laws preferred.
- Superb drafting skills with ability to articulate complex concepts and requirements in a manner that is clear, concise, and comprehensible.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities with ability to systematically assess complex issues and formulate effective solutions.
- Able to consistently deliver creative, thoughtful and business-orientated results that appropriately balance growth and risk in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- CIPP/US or similar certification.
- Law degree preferred.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.