Staff Technical Program Manager II (Engineering Excellence)
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
Do you see building Platform used company wide as a crucial enabling technology in today's business environment? Do you have strong subject matter expertise in software design architecture and analysis? Do you have a strong background on system design and the data analysis required for defining must have capabilities for a Platform? Are you execution-oriented with attentive detail to driving platform enhancements and improvements across the technology? If you answered yes to the above, then you might be the right person to be the Platform Technical Program Manager.
Platform is critical to Coupang business strategy. This role will be responsible for full ownership & end-to-end project charter, delivery & execution starting from Product & Service Definition, Functional Design, Engineering execution Lifecycle with a Customer focus and Customer lifecycle management for Coupang’s Platform. You will be part of a Global team working from different locations but still works as a central connected unit. Within Product & Service Definition the role helps create design options for features being enabled by scenarios. For Product & Service Design this role mediates Scenario-relation features and applies design tradeoffs aligning to business requirements. This can also include defining business & technical requirements, so business acumen blended with strong technical understanding of technologies is a must. In Customer Lifecycle this role collaborates with stakeholders and educates on adoption by explaining scenarios effectively. In Engineering Lifecycle this role defines the design iteration process for the team and organization. In Product & Service Ownership this role has a sense of pride and ownership in end-to-end quality and product stewardship. This role will possess a strong blend of technical, business, and project management experience that enables effective management of tangible solutions.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will work closely with members of multiple business & Engineering teams to help define, streamline, design and analysis data to build business requirements and then work with engineering teams to articulate requirements, further perform functional & technical data & system analysis, drive engineering to implementation via all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). In addition, the ideal candidate must possess a high degree of collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate effectively on many levels.
- Strong functional & technical analytical & design capability to understand Common & shared platforms, web, & services API with underlying data.
- Should be able to dive deep to come up with new Platform scenarios that helps solving systems bigger problems by simplifying our services & cloud platform and help increase productivity & efficiency or every Engineer & system in the company.
- Solid Platform, Web services, API technologies experience
- Strong blend of technical, business, and program management experience that enables seamless communication across teams, project execution and great customer reach.
- Own, manage and deliver multiple large scale, complex programs across organizations with ease of simplicity, taking teams along to the path of success.
- Own and Manage implementation E2E from Project charter, roadmap, plan, design, build, execute, deliver and monitor performance & adoption.
- Creates, evolves, and communicates specifications for feature areas that enable cohesive, compatible, iterable scenarios that span multiple feature teams and enable a durable multi-year vision.
- Should be able to come up with scenarios and business requirements by analyzing data and business needs.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail
- Strong cultural change management experience
- Identify, Propose and Implement ongoing data strategy and drive data quality improvements
- Establishes, enables and improves systems to manage product feedback from customers to resolve issues.
- Reviews and contributes to ecosystem design.
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum of 12 Years of Engineering Program Management experience in managing feature teams and designing large-scale or complex technical initiatives on shared Platform for Web & Web services, API, Data analytics
- Minimum of 5 Years in Platform, Web design, API that are used by internal & external teams.
- Flexible, agile and fast learner.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, outstanding verbal and written communication.
- Change management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Excellent cross-group collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated virtual team leadership capabilities
- Knowledge or experience agile development methodologies (i.e. Scrum).
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hair styles), color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ,ancestry, national origin (including language use restrictions), age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, family status (including but not limited to marital or domestic partnership status), military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, ancestry, citizenship, family and medical leave status, status as a victim of any violent crime, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.